Friday, July 25, 2008

an Aromatherapist's inspiration

Aromatherapy is a powerful healer. How do I know? Well… put a scent in your burner, relax, and I’ll tell you a story.

Years ago my life was at a stressful high. As a result I developed dreadful insomnia. It would take hours to fall asleep and I would wake up often during the night. I tried the suggestions from my doctor and the health food store clerks. Nothing really worked.

As luck would have it, I received a gift that included a lavender massage oil. Curious, I went to the store it came from to learn more. I skimmed an aromatherapy book and later, based on an idea in the book, put the massage oil on a cotton ball and placed it in my pillowcase. That night I fell asleep in five minutes for the first time in six weeks.

This turn of events impressed me so much that I was inspired to study essential oils further. I developed a blend that did wonders at keeping insomnia at bay. That blend has seen little change over time and has become my best selling item. People have brought friends to me so they can try it. It works.

That brief introduction to essential oils started me on the path to where I am now… helping myself and others find relief from stress and common ailments. If you have a minor health problem, want to pamper yourself, or just want your room to smell nice, aromatherapy can help. No matter where it takes you, it is sure to be a wonderfully aromatic journey.

No comments:

ShareThis