To create a sensual atmosphere:
1. Create a private space.
2. Fill your space with your favorite colors and fabrics, including pillows and/or blankets.
3. Minimize outside noise.
4. Details: relaxing music, aromatherapy candles, and fresh flowers.
To enhance aromatic massage:
1. Diffuse the essential oil of your choice into the room (essential oils can also be added directly into massage oils and bath water; see the recipes below).
2. Focus on comfort and intent.
3. Communicate through all of your senses; don’t focus on conversation only.
4. Play. Laugh. Enjoy yourself.
For massage, essential oils are best added into a base oil like jojoba, almond, or avocado.
1. Basic Massage Oil
Sweet almond oil: 4-oz
Rose Rosa damascena oil: 1-2-drops
Jasmine Jasmine grandiflorum: 1-2-drops
2. Rose Water Ointment
Sweet almond oil: 1-oz
Rose water: 7-oz
Rose Rosa damascena: 8-drops
Melt the beeswax and almond oil over a water bath. Remove from heat and cool until lukewarm. Beat in the rose water until the ointment emulsifies, and then add the 8-drops of rose essential oil.
Once relaxed head to toe, follow your sensuous massage with another sensory indulgence:
1. Liquid Chocolate (makes four servings)*
3-T unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
3-cups 1% milk
½-t vanilla extract
Instructions: Slowly warm the milk on low heat, stirring constantly to prevent scalding. In a medium bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, Stevia, and salt. Slowly pour in 1-cup of the milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in remaining 2-cups of the milk and vanilla. Fill four 8-oz mugs with Liquid Chocolate and serve warm.
For a taste of the exotic (and increased libido), add cinnamon to flavor, or add a few drops of rose essential oil.
CLICK HERE to download a free aromatherapy ambiance blend recipe.
*Recipe provided by ACHS graduate Maureen Jeanson, author of Squeaky Gourmet.